What we believe
1.We believe that all people matter to God. Jesus Christ died for the sins of all people and desires that all people receive his salvation by faith. Jesus calls us to love all people and do good to those with whom we have opportunity.
2. We believe that vibrant worship and faithful celebration of the sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion in the context of Christian community are the means by which God feeds his people's souls and nurtures his church. We believe that building loving relationships centered in Jesus Christ is key to spiritual growth, Christian nurture and evangelism.
3. We believe that Christ's followers should be deployed in ministry according to their spiritual gifts; leaders should lead, teachers should teach, etc., all with a heart of servanthood.
4. We believe that Christ's church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.
5. We believe that all of Christ's followers should manifest authenticity and yearn for continuous growth.
6. We believe that it is important to accept each other just as we are—we want to help all people to grow in God’s grace.
7. We believe that we are called to be good stewards of what God has given us—our families, children, senior citizens, buildings and resources.
8. We believe that excellence glorifies God and inspires people.
9. We believe that all these are possible only by God’s grace working through the Holy Spirit to form us more and more into the likeness of Christ. (Sustaining Truth)
As an LC-MS congregation, we believe and teach. . .
~about Scripture, that the Bible is the inerrant inspired Word of God, correct and true in all it's parts and the only source and norm for all teaching and conduct.
~about Faith, that Adam and Eve were created by God but later rebelled against Him and that we, as their descendants are, by nature, sinful, spiritually dead and blind. Only when we are brought to faith by the Holy Spirit working through the Word is it possible for us to believe in Jesus Christ and possess salvation. We believe that faith is totally God's work, not ours, and comes by the power of the Holy Spirit through hearing the Word of God.
~about Grace, that we are saved by grace alone and not by anything we can do to earn God's favor. Grace is a free gift of God whereby He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, down from heaven to suffer, die and rise again from the dead to pay the penalty for all mankind's sin. Whoever trusts in Christ Jesus and His work on the cross will experience abundant life here and hereafter.
~about Service, that we are to respond to all God's goodness and grace by living holy and blameless lives as we are empowered by the Holy Spirit. We believe that this response is called stewardship and extends to the way we spend the time, talents, and money God has entrusted to us.